I just got back from a conference for finance content creators (bloggers, podcasters, youtubers, etc). What a bunch of nerds!
So here it is, all the sh!t finance nerds say:
- If you invested your $5 cup of coffee every day, with a 7% market return you could have over $25,000 in 10 years!
- VTSAX and chill.
- Build the life you want then save for it.
- The first $X is the hardest.
- Invest the difference.
- Don’t retire from something, retire to something.
- Align your spending with your values.
- The best time to start saving was X years ago. The second best time is today!
- Jack Bogle is my hero.
- I could make that at home.
- Buy and hold.
- Seriously, hold. I don’t care that you lost $X yesterday, HOLD!
- This flight was free because of credit card points.
- Your 401k match is FREE MONEY!
- Pay yourself first.
- Stay the course.
- Earn, save, invest.
- Spend money on what brings you joy.
- Let me tell you the difference between leanFI, slowFI, coastFI, baristaFI, fatFI, and hippopotamusFI*.
- An HSA is a super retirement account!
- There’s a hack for that.
- Time in the market beats timing the market.
- Retirement isn’t just sipping margaritas on a beach.
- Comparison is the thief of joy.
- Buy as many lattes as you want!
*Totally made up
Have you said any of these things? If you have, you may be a finance nerd.